'77 26 on ebay!

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
monty

'77 26 on ebay!

Post by monty »

looks like it's done more sitting than sailing! interior doesn't look half bad, not much evidence of leaks. looks like something is living in the starboard coaming storage!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1977-Chr ... 1c1ac516fd
Messing About
78 C26D (I added the 'D' cause it's got the Volvo diesel!) #490
hp18carr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hp18carr »

If you are one that has been looking for a C26 and live close enough to make the trip worth while... keep an eye on this one. Its a fresh water boat and from the photos it's in a lot better shape than the one I started with :evil:

Terrence
Wilmington N.C.
Chrysler 26' 1980
Pandora (for now)
Windward

Post by Windward »

The dimples in the hull under the rollers don't look promising. Or, rather, they look to promise that some glass work will be necessary. If you don't mind that, though, could be a great deal. If it were closer I'd be interested just to get the trailer (which would need to be modified to avoid further dimpling damage).
RedCanyon

Post by RedCanyon »

This looks to me, in my admittedly limited experience, to be the absolutely closest thing that I have ever seen to a "factory stock" original condition, never been upgraded (or improved, let alone restored), as it left the factory C-26. Not the base model, as the first buyer likely is the one who included the available options of pulpits, stanchions, boarding ladder. I don't see anything else.
Q: Is the trailer from Chrysler do you think? It looks pretty basic.
Keith
S/V Red Canyon
1978 C-26 #793
Colorado Springs / Lake Mendota, WI
lecker68

Post by lecker68 »

It looks to be in better shape than mine was and mine had more options. It looks like the trailer was not set up properly from the start. I do see they removed the stern berth liner under the cockpit.
Catch the wind and ride the wave, Have fun
Lyle
1980 C-26 #1100
S/V My Getaway
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34432376@N06/
SN691
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SN691 »

I agree with Lyle. I think the trailer was not set up right. My boat set on the trailer for almost 15 years in a field covered with tarps before I bought her and showed no sign of dimples. My trailer is a EZLOAD with the rollers
Bob

1979 C-26

Easy Street

~~~_/)~~~
lecker68

Post by lecker68 »

Bob at least yours was covered they don't look good after sitting in the woods for 7 years. When I bought mine I told PO if it sits another year you are going to be cutting it up.
Catch the wind and ride the wave, Have fun
Lyle
1980 C-26 #1100
S/V My Getaway
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34432376@N06/
thepartydog

Post by thepartydog »

MMM...Rudder and tiller parts, large drawer, stern pulpit. Guess I'll have to change my Avatar to vampire fangs.
Darin
"Ya Never Know"
1980 C26