A Change in Watch has occured. ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

A Change in Watch has occured. ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ

Post by CaptainScott »

My Chrysler friends,
I want to send a very special "THANK YOU" to Richard Duval.
Rich had taken on the burden of the Chrysler forum for many years. Even after Rich sold his Chrysler he maintained the forum for the rest of us. Through life changes and economic downturns, Rich stood fast behind the forum and kept it going out of the goodness of his heart. The forum is alive and well today because Rich was kind enough to keep it going. Many of you probably don't even know who Richard is. Well, I just wanted to be very sure each and every Chrysler forum member and guest was aware of what Rich has done for us!
I say three Cheers to Rich!
THANK YOU RICH!

Next,
Our very own EE or Emergency Exit as we all know him by, EE has stood behind the forum as the site admin running the show for years now! EE logs in regularly, clears tables, maintains backups, allows or disallows access, and generally keeps a birds eye on things! Now you all think to yourselves, how hard is that? The forum runs great! Well, one of the reasons the Chrysler forum runs great is because of EE's diligence and hard work to KEEP it running great!
It is these silent warriors that keep the world running and EE is our very own silent warrior keeping this little piece of our world running!!

A very special three Cheers and THANK YOU BOYD for all you do and we all look forward to many more years of your service!

Lastly:
We've all noticed a hiccup or two in access to the forum over the last few months. There have been grumblings about a new forum, a new email list, places to gather elsewhere. Concerns of our future, etc. Please do not concern yourselves!

Richard took the very last selfish less step to maintain the forum by passing it on to an active forum member with Chrysler sailboats in his blood! That would be myself. My very first sailboat I ever owned was a Chrysler Dagger. How long ago was that you think? Well, I owned it brand new. Yes I was a very young teenager. I owned a Chrysler sailboat long before I owned a car! I'm currently working on my 3rd Chrysler 22'er! So rest assured, this forum, this forums knowledge base and this forums fabulous members and friends are not going away!!

In close:
Rest Peacefully! This forum, the domain and all the members are secure and will indeed be right here every day going forward! Going forward I hope to set up a plan where we can email each of you when issues arise.

Thank you to all the members for tolerating the minor changes however I believe in the long run things will only get better for all of us!

Scott Ziegler
AKA ( Captain Scott or 69Shark )
2nd generation

Post by 2nd generation »

First of all a very special "thank you and great job" to Rich and EE for all you have done!!!!!!!!!

Capt. Scott - why does it not surpise me that you stepped up to the plate to keep this forum running. Thank you for taking on the resonsibilty of doing this. There may be other sailing sites out there but none of them understand what it feels like to have Chrysler sailboat blood running thru their veins.

THANK YOU ALL AGAIN!!!
Mike
(former owner of) 1975 C-22 "Mel-O"
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Well it has been and will continue to be my pleasure to pitch in and keep things on an even keel. And now with Scott on board we have a couple of people to keep a daily eye on the site..which means this year when I go down to Dauphin Island I won't have to take my laptop with me !

You know, the members of our little (as has been said) "brain trust" are the true wind behind the site's success. As evidenced by the 18,379 posts the site holds.

Carry on.
Andiron120
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Andiron120 »

A heartfelt Thank You to Rich, EE, and Shark69. I would have been lost many times in the past and am sure in the future without all the combined knowledge I have been able to tap on this site. This site has often been the glue that has kept my Chrysler together and sailing.
"I feel no need to go anywhere the ice gets larger than will fit in my glass"
hp18carr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hp18carr »

As a relatively new member myself I know my words will fall short of expressing my gratitude to all those listed above. Perhaps most of all my thanks to Richard Duval, someone I've never met, but from what I've heard maybe dubbed as one of the founding fathers of this forum. I for one have no doubts that with the likes of E.E. and 69Shark at the helm backed up by all the members of this forum it will go forward far into the future. 8)

P.S. I've still got to much overhauling to do on my C26 for this forum to fade away now. :oops:

Terrence
Wilmington N.C.
Chrysler 26' 1980
Pandora (for now)
John K

Post by John K »

Thanks to all of you guys for doing such a great job. Although I don't post a bunch, I diligently visit every day. I love and need this site. Sincerely.
1977 C22: Dog House
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

3 cheers for Rich and EE for all you done for us you Captains of the Chrysler Sailors Forum!

Hip, hip hooray! Hip, hip hooray! Hip, hip hooray!

I hold you two personally responsible for my Chrysler Sail boat Obsession. Oh sure I still would have enjoyed my C-22 but but not nearly as much with out this group of people with such vast and deep knowledge of not only Chrysler but sailing in general. I'm a better and safer sailor thanks to you and everyone here on the forum.

Piping Aboard the New Captain http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-lHdrnr8Zc

All hands, Captain Scott and Captain EE our new and continuing leaders to the "Chrysler Brain Trust", 3 cheers!

Hip, hip hooray! Hip, hip hooray! Hip, hip hooray!

Now back to work, I need more stories, questions, idea's, sailing reports and just plain old fun... Oh yes and lots of photo's with a few good stories just because. :D

And it just does not get said enough...

THANK YOU everyone for keeping this going!
Alan
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
NYCSAILOR

Post by NYCSAILOR »

Kudos to you all!

Simply put...

If it were not for you all, I would not have a Chrysler 26..!!

hmmm... wait a minute .. so YOU guys are to blame for my sailing afflictions!

Keep it going.. and I will try and keep my boat afloat..
C-26, Fixed Keel # 343
Traveler
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Traveler »

MUCH THANKS TO ALL WHO KEEP/KEPT THIS SITE ALIVE AND WELL!!!!

I have gained much knowledge and confidence from reading the many posts and trying to remember all the information.

You all deserve our heartfelt thanks.

Jeff
lecker68

Post by lecker68 »

A heartfelt thank you to Rich. Boyd and Scott for the forum. and this is the place for discussion and the wealth of knowledge here. The Email and Facebook are only to be able to contact in case of a glitch in no way to replace this site I love this site and wish we had state wide wifi like Michigan so that when I take my trips I can still check in. In NY we have to find a hot spot and then check in. Once again thanks to all!
Catch the wind and ride the wave, Have fun
Lyle
1980 C-26 #1100
S/V My Getaway
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34432376@N06/
lecker68

Post by lecker68 »

OOPs don't know how it posted twice.
Last edited by lecker68 on Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catch the wind and ride the wave, Have fun
Lyle
1980 C-26 #1100
S/V My Getaway
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34432376@N06/
Banshi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Banshi »

I'm sure glad we have such a dedicated group keeping it alive, I for one have gained much more than I've put in. Keep up the good work.
sauerleigh

Post by sauerleigh »

Thanks a bunch.
1978 Chrysler 26 "Maudie Kay"
1984 Catalina 25 "REDUX" (rebuild)
It's better late than never
Franklinp40

Post by Franklinp40 »

Thanks for all the hard work!
ronc98

Post by ronc98 »

Thanks for all if the effort everyone. This is an excellent site!
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Paul »

I want to give an incredible thanks to Rich for his visiona and far-sightedness, and for his wonderful selflessness in making this site available to us. Thanks also to EE for his energy and drive. You've been a hoot to read and invaluable with your insights. I look forward to the continuing education I receive from you.

And Capt Scott (the west) - You're awesome. Thanks for stepping up to the plate and delivering a grand slam for all of us who have or dream to have a Chrysler with water below its keel. Don't forget to let us know how we can support you!

Paul the Denverite
Tranquil Chaos
Windward

Post by Windward »

This is an amazing active, vibrant forum. Thanks to Rich for making this possible, for EE for stepping up to keep it alive and to Captain Scott for ensuring it will continue to live.
Beady
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beady »

Thanks guys I really enjoy the site.
Brian Eady
77 C-22
Sail La Vie
LeatherneckPA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LeatherneckPA »

With this one shining exception, it's not easy finding info on our beloved Chryslers, even on the internet.

A truly heartfelt thank you to all of those responsible for creating and maintaining this wonderful resource.
Iron Mike - Semper Fidelis
Jack of all trades, Master of none
1978 C-22: Believer
Bhacurly
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bhacurly »

What Can I Say??!!

Many thanks to Rich, Boyd, an Scott for all the work you've done, and also the rest of you for making this site my daily addiction which feeds my other affliction!

You all rock!

Billy
trev
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by trev »

Thanks all for keeping this great site going.
77 C25
Myasis Dragon
http://www.svmyasisdragon.com
mcrandall
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mcrandall »

Richard, EE, Scott--you all are the best!

Thanks for all the effort on getting it started and ensuring the torch is passed. We all are blessed by your efforts!

I agree with Lyle (lecker68): For us technologically challenged, the FB and e-mail is only established as a rally point. I had trouble once with a change in DNS server that kept me away untill I looped around to find and get assistance from EE. These sites are there as a means to help us find each other if necessary.

Nothing can replace this site!!
Mark
http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 ... ew%20C-22/
1975 C-22 currently named Stardust (soon to be "Angela Marie")
sharps4590

Post by sharps4590 »

My first sail boat was a Chrysler Buccaneer. What I knew about sailing could have been put in thimble with room left, not that I know much more now. Lots of folks on this site helped a totally ignorant newbie get going. The Bucc is gone, replaced by a bigger boat and a smaller boat, neither of which are Chryslers. However, I have a fondness for and level of appreciation for this board and its members. It is the first sailing site I check. Thanks to Rich and EE for keeping it going and thanks to each member on here because I probably learned something from every one of you.

I belong to a couple other sailing sites, neither of which has shown the willingness to help or the friendliness exhibited on this board. There are some good guys and gals on the other boards to be sure, but not near the number as on here.
There is no right way to do a wrong thing
mcrandall
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mcrandall »

Thanks to Rich and EE for keeping it going and thanks to each member on here because I probably learned something from every one of you.

I belong to a couple other sailing sites, neither of which has shown the willingness to help or the friendliness exhibited on this board. There are some good guys and gals on the other boards to be sure, but not near the number as on here.
You hit the nail on the head! I've picked up several things from you, and you don't even have a Chrysler anymore. In fact, you gave me great advise on books to check-out (Thanks again, by the way!) And the same true for many members of the board. So much knowledge, so freely shared. All involved deserve much credit for the extreme success of this board!
Mark
http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 ... ew%20C-22/
1975 C-22 currently named Stardust (soon to be "Angela Marie")
sharps4590

Post by sharps4590 »

wow mcrandall!!! You made my day! I actually knew something about sailing that helped someone!! (good thing it wasn't about actually sailing!) I didn't expect to be able to do that for another 10-20 years! You're welcome sir!
There is no right way to do a wrong thing
caz

Post by caz »

A sincere thanks to the keepers of this site; a very important part of a lot of people's lives. Your hard work, dedication, commitment and knowlege, benefit many. God bless you. Caz
Rivercruiser
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Rivercruiser »

Many Thanks to all of you for maintaining this site. It is my reference for all things Chrysler :D
C-26
Hunter 29.5
clair hofmann

Post by clair hofmann »

Great thanks to the Silent Warriors, past and present that keep the site going.I've been taking advantage of the knowledge and info since 04. I checked in daily here and Lizards before I bought my 26.

Thanks again
Clair