Happy new member!

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Careyr

Happy new member!

Post by Careyr »

I just have to say--,
Although I've referenced this site often, it was only recently I signed up - and I am so grateful for the advice given me by this community in my first post just days ago. Looking for old wiring info, "Franz, THE GURU" was recommended to me. I Emailed Franz; he called me up and fixed me up!! He's shipping me a complete wiring harness as we speak!
Thankyou all! I look forward to becoming a part of this community!!

Someone with "Captain" by his name told me to introduce myself, so--; Sailing has been the love of my life - all my life.
At 62 and just retired, I found the boat (TMI 22') to settle down and grow old with together. Haven't sailed her yet so I don't have a decent photo of her yet and am using the one from the previous owner for now. Although I like her name - Ms.Stress - that will be one of the of of the first changes for the sake of my real Mistress! Plans are to get acquainted with Ms.Stress in the muddy Mississippi for this summer. (Yuk). Saving boat-towing money for when I know she'll handle a blow. Then, Great Lakes.
astrorad

Post by astrorad »

Welcome and enjoy the great company of the Chrysler Tribe...it's all here somewhere!!!!
Bill
KeithR

Post by KeithR »

Welcome from a neighbor to the south!
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Welcome again Carey!

I'm very glad to see you posting and getting help! That is exactly WHY we all found this place, joined, and stayed! LOTS of wonderfull folks here! Lots of wonderfull knowledge shared here also!!

If you have any original documents on your TMI and if you are able to share I'd love an electronic copy! We're woefully short on TMI information and would love to post it on the main page!

Scott
Careyr

Post by Careyr »

Uh Oh. I joined in hopes of getting that same information. I just have historical information. Plus a lot of little tidbits I found on the internet -and in my boat - over the winter.

There is one thing that boggles my mind about the TMI, since that name is chronologically placed between the Chrysler and the Starwind. It appears to be the only manufacturer that used the fractional rig - and I am doing research to find if I can convert to a masthead rig as used on the Chryslers and Starwind. Reason: I have a nice self tending jib/boom setup, and 150 genoa from a previous boat that I would like to use, but the TMI's forestay is short.

I think I have this curse of often wanting to fix what's already a'workin---
mcrandall
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mcrandall »

Welcome Carey! Hope to see you out on the big pond! If you trailer up to Milwaukee, turn right, I'm about 85 miles straight ahead. :wink:

Glad to have you aboard!
Mark
http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 ... ew%20C-22/
1975 C-22 currently named Stardust (soon to be "Angela Marie")
Bhacurly
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bhacurly »

Welcome Carey!

Looking at your avatar pict I see it has differant windows also!

Sorry can't help with the changing of the rig, but would wonder about the shroud locations and how they would differ if any also.

Maybe some PICTURES would help us :wink: Would be cool to see lots to compare them with ours.

Billy
Capt. Bondo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Capt. Bondo »

Welcome Aboard Careyr
We sail the same water, I just sail on it a couple hundred miles before you do :roll:
Let us know when you start to venture to bigger/wider waters, some of us may want to tag along.
H:)ppy Place
78 Chrysler 22

You can go to a Zen Master or you can go Sailing, either way you end up in about the same place..... a Happy Place
lecker68

Post by lecker68 »

Welcome Aboard Careyr. I hope you enjoy your boat and with pictures you might find you can convert.
Catch the wind and ride the wave, Have fun
Lyle
1980 C-26 #1100
S/V My Getaway
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34432376@N06/