Your C-22 and my TMI-22

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Careyr

Your C-22 and my TMI-22

Post by Careyr »

I chose this heading for any who may not know; in 1980 the C-22 became the TMI-22 which makes us kindred spirits.
I joined the forum last spring after purchasing my TMI-22, I received some excellent help from some of you about a new wiring harness to get my outboard connected to the boat, then I vanished - until now.
It was a super busy summer, working on the boat to get it ready for sail and it was well worth it. Shortly before Labor Day she was in the water in Lake Geneva, WI for a week and, to put it mildly, I love my boat! Now I understand why so many are fond of the C-22's.
I've done quite a bit of work on her already, have taken many photos of that work and also of the week cruising on the Lake. One of those great "coincidences" occurred and I was buoyed for the week right up against a C-22!!
My issue right now is; I am trying to decide where to upload photos to share with all interested. I tried Photobucket but the photos will never come up in sequential order. Also Snapfish, but got hung up there. Any suggestions and help, Please? Thanks!!!
Carey
1981 TMI 22: "Ms.Chief"
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Welcome back!

You can upload them to photo bucket then link to each photo here in the order you would like!
However I never use those sites so hopefully one of the more experienced users will get back to you!

Scott
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

I use photobucket for my stuff I post here. I'll have to check tonight, but I think you can sort them in the album view by clicking on Organize, and there's a sort option in there somewhere, can't remember it tho..
turbo1168
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by turbo1168 »

I use http://www.flickr.com/ . Has worked pretty well for me, aside from a problem on one of my Linux computers causing the save dialog box to crash. Doesn't happen on any other of my Linux computers.
Capt. Bondo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Capt. Bondo »

I use photobucket for family stuff and also for the High School sports I shoot, other then some issues I have with bulk loading (a brouser issue on my end) I like it.
You can organize your pictures while your in a album by clicking Organize (4th tab in on the tool bar) and a window will pop-up with a drop down menu with a title, Sort Current Albem By; with 5 options that should cover what you want.
Good Luck
H:)ppy Place
78 Chrysler 22

You can go to a Zen Master or you can go Sailing, either way you end up in about the same place..... a Happy Place
Careyr

Post by Careyr »

Thanks for all the help! Sounds like Photobucket is popular, so I will use all your info and tackle it again.
I believe I will first experiment with the photo of the C 22 and my TMI 22 anchored together. In the past someone had expressed interest in more TMI photos and this one was very helpful in letting me look at both boats at once to observe the similarities and the differences. And I will list them in my next post with the photo.
Maybe today.

That week of sailing left me with many items I want to bring up but I will try to spread out the posts some, hoping I won't be the cause of someone's irritation. Pertaining to the items I worked on and will share, I will post those in a category on the index pages

Thanks again, all!!!!
Carey
Mario G

Post by Mario G »

Hey Careyr I find it interesting that your 1981 is a TMI because I had bought a 1982 Starwind 22 as a parts boat for my 75 C-22, finding out later that Starwind took over the Chrysler C-22 hull molds.

I would be very interested in seeing both interior and exterior pictures of your TMI 22 just to see if they are more likr the Chrysler's 22 or Starwind's.
Careyr

C22 vs. TMI 22

Post by Careyr »

Mario G,
Do you still have the Starwind for parts!?
My apologies for being away from the laptop since starting this subject and not following up yet. I intend to post my TMI photos very soon.
Mario, I also have a historical article I'll have to find, pertaining to the Chrysler buyout. It explains how TMI purchased everything from Chrysler, manufactured and sold the TMI 22 in 1981 (C22 hull mold) then sold to Starwind who started manufacturing and selling Starwind in 1982 (same C22 hull mold again).
Now that first snow is flying I'll spend more time here, catching up ---
Carey
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Hey Carey,
If you would be able to share that article as a soft copy, I'd love to post it in out main page where our documents are stored!

Just email them to m and I'll take it from there!

Scott

PS: if you have not already, check out our main page at
http://www.chryslersailors.com/
We have MANY C22 documents!
tgentry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tgentry »

Welcome back. It's nice to see another Chrysler in my area. Maybe this summer we can arrange a Chrysler Rendevous of some sort.
Tom
1981 Endeavour 43 s/v Pearl Lee
Former 1976 Columbia Payne 9.6 s/v Gin Rhumby
Former 1979 Chrysler 26, s/v Copacetic
http://www.asswhaffleyachtclub.net
http://www.svpearllee.com
Careyr

Post by Careyr »

Tom,
it looks like you are from Rockford - where do you sail, Lake Michigan?
I took my TMI up to Lake Geneva for her shakedown cruise this summer.
I have it stored down in Belleview, Ia. one mile from the boat landing and probably will use the Miss. River next summer.
Carey
Careyr

TMI History

Post by Careyr »

Scott,
what email address should I put should I use to send TMI history info to you - the one at the bottom of your post?
Carey
Careyr

Photos of TMI 22 and C 22 anchored together

Post by Careyr »

All,
I believe I am Photobucket "challenged", but with all your help I hope I've
done enough that you can look at 3 photos. I was going to give a link with a password to the album, but have some security concerns yet, so I will add some narration right in this post.
Ever since discovering and purchasing my TMI 22 I have spent loads of hours comparing the the C22 before and the Starwind after TMI. I got my boat ready enough to sail for the first time and spent a week on Lake Geneva, Wi. A one in a million very cool thing happened - all week I was buoyed directly astern of a C22. These hulls are supposed to be from the same mold (not the deck molds). The two boats each have a very different look from the other, but from everything I have discovered thus far, the hulls truly are identical to each other. Check it out. Will be posting many more photos of my TMI.

Carey
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Carey, I sent yo a PM with my email and I fixed your post to show the photos!

You have the photo bucket piece perfect! You posted the links here perfectly!

All you had to do to make the links show up as photos is highlight them one at a time and then click the "Img" button that is above and to the left of the box you type in!

If you edit your post you can see how to do it manually by following what I did for ya!

Great shots!
Scott
lecker68

Post by lecker68 »

here is a link to history of Ticon Yachts and it gives a breakdown on succession from Chrysler to Starwind under the early years.
http://members.tripod.com/sail_ticon/history.html
Catch the wind and ride the wave, Have fun
Lyle
1980 C-26 #1100
S/V My Getaway
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34432376@N06/
BC

C 22 / TMI 22

Post by BC »

Just to fill in some of the puzzle, my 1981 22ft is titled with the vin code VVV 10206M818 which indicates the company TMI and my mfg. badge says TMI.
Mine is identical in all regards to a C22. Interior and exterior.

Mine was probably completed, without any changes from last production C22 materials, before any changes that where evident in the last production run of TMI's before being sold again.
When you come to a fork in the road - take it!
tgentry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tgentry »

In the summer I keep her on Lake Michigan in Racine, WI.

Is there much sailing on the Mississippi? I've been to just about every Iowa town of any size on the Mississippi having done RAGBRAI 11 times.
Tom
1981 Endeavour 43 s/v Pearl Lee
Former 1976 Columbia Payne 9.6 s/v Gin Rhumby
Former 1979 Chrysler 26, s/v Copacetic
http://www.asswhaffleyachtclub.net
http://www.svpearllee.com
Careyr

Post by Careyr »

Yes, there is much sailing on the Mississippi. Dubuque has a sailing club and down in Davenport where I sailed in my 20's (60's now) there is a sizable yacht club.
The boat I had back then was a 14' Force Five class, my only river sailing experience, even to this present day. Back then I learned an important lesson in river sailing; "sail upstream first, 'cause ya might run out of wind!". (doesn't apply if good outboard on-board).
I sailed downstream, was getting dangerously close to the locks - and ran out of wind. I'm grateful I could lie on the bow of my small boat and breast-stroke; also that I had the youthful stamina to madly stroke for over an hour and get out of harms way.
I think river sailors must have different goals. Like one I videoed tacking upstream in a strong downstream wind. Tacking across the river and back, she was pointing a nice 45 degrees to upstream, sails were hauled in close, the boat was well-heeled, kicking up spray and making 6-7 knots headway.
Trouble I saw was that he had, in reality, actually slipped downstream a little more at the end of each tack because of the raging current!! That was too funny.
If I go up the river for a week or two next summer, it'll involve relaxing, taking gourmet meals to cook, anchoring on sandbars at night - and just accepting whatever the winds do or don't bring to help sail upstream. It is a beautiful river to be on.
Carey
Careyr

Post by Careyr »

Thanks to you who made the photos visible on the site. I am soon going to load all my TMI photos (good, bad and ugly) with an open link to the sites so anyone wanting to, can compare the TMI 22 and C 22.
I'll do that in a new post.
The history documents will take a while longer to copy from different web sites but I am working on TMI history - and specs.
Carey