A new Year's Day Sail?

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
N41EF

A new Year's Day Sail?

Post by N41EF »

As I read all of these posts about putting the boat away for the winter, I have to wonder, would there be anyine else silly enough to go sailing on New Years Day, just because we can? I'm a cyclists, and the Aiken Bicycle Club does a New Years ride each year, 30 miles with chili or something at the turn. Our local temp that time of year is typicaly 40ish at daybreak, warming to 60 during the day, sometimes a little warmer.

Are there any forum members close enough to want to go too? Strom Thurmond lake is on the SC/GA line just north of I-20 so anyone in GA, SC, NC or willing to drive a little farther would be within reach.

I just turned on the new mast lights tonight for the first time, need to finish the rest of the electrics, mount the bilge pump and discharge hose. Looking for a little motivation to finish up in the next weekend or two.

Anyone interested?
1979 C22 S/V Client Meeting
hp18carr
Site Admin
Site Admin

new years day sailing

Post by hp18carr »

N41EF

Sounds like a plan, but I'm just a humble backyard C26 project sailor, with an aversion to cold weather. However being it's a Chrysler sailboat I could make an exception. Regrettably with my backyard sailing ranking I can contribute little more than free protable weight.

Terrence
Wilmington N.C.
Chrysler 26' 1980
Pandora (for now)
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Sounds like fun but to far for me to drive! LOL!

Scott
Windward

Post by Windward »

New Year's Day is our club's Frostbite Race, and that plus other stuff I have on the plate means no road trip for me. Enjoy!

Conversely, anyone who wants to travel to Watauga Lake for New Year's Day can probably race. Watauga Lake Sailing Club is rather accommodating!

Jeff
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Paul »

Here in Denver they close the lakes and then freeze them so those fishing can walk on the water. I've thought about trying to start an ice sailing club. I understand from one of our posters that they can interact with those fishing in interesting and amusing ways!

Paul
Tranquil Chaos
lecker68

Post by lecker68 »

It can be interesting for the ice yachtsmen but the people fishing can get upset if you get too close.
Catch the wind and ride the wave, Have fun
Lyle
1980 C-26 #1100
S/V My Getaway
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34432376@N06/