C22 Trailer Questions

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
devindiedrich

C22 Trailer Questions

Post by devindiedrich »

I just bought a 77' C22 with the matching Chrysler trailer. The trailer needs some work before I will be able launch the boat anywhere. Does anyone know the dry weight of the boat and trailer? The trailer coupler needs replacing and I was wondering if a coupler with a 3,500 lb capacity would do the job. The winch also needs replacing and I wanted to correctly match it for the boat. I think the winch on the trailer says it has a 1,200 lbs capacity. Could that be correct?

If anyone has any info please let me know. I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Devin
Dustin Henderson

Post by Dustin Henderson »

I ve got a 6600lb actuator coupler. I know trailor and boat combine are an easy 4000lbs. Public scales can be found at any truck stop which I plan to weigh mine the next time it comes out of the water. The winch size is good enough.

C-22 trailer weight

Post by Michael O'Brien »

The data plate on my '79 S-3000 says that gross weight for trailer and load should not exceed 3680 lbs. This is with G78-15 C range tires. It has P225/75 Bs on it and the previous owner said that they did well on hour and a half tows at highway speed in summer heat; but they are only rated for 3030 lbs. I'd like to get it weighed- has anyone done that on a boat with cruising gear? MHO