Chrysler Sailors Forum Index Chrysler Sailors
Talk Chrysler Sailing, Sailing in general

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Purchase... advice?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chrysler Sailors Forum Index -> General Starwind's Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:58 am    Post subject: New Purchase... advice? Reply with quote

My wife and I are considering a Chrysler 22 that has been offered to us. We have little to no boating experience other than sailing Lake Michigan with a friend who hooked us on sailing.

The boat comes with a trailer and is currently in a slip. The asking price is $4k which comes with the slip for the remainder of the year, a $1300 value that we wouldn't be using since we'd put it in the lake near us. At this point I'm not sure if we can get any money back for the unused slip.

Does anyone have advice for us as far as what to look for and if the price seems fair providing the boat is in good condition?

Thank you!

Edit: I just realized I posted this in the wrong area. Can somebody please move this to where it belongs? What a way to start.
Rolling Eyes
astrorad

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not just copy and repost in general Chrysler sailing discussion...as far as price goes...I paid $2000 for mine and it is going to end up costing about $5000 or $6000 by the time I get her in the water...plus alot of man hours labor on my part.

Look the boat over very well or get someone experienced to inspect it for you...swing keel brackets are a usual problem place.

If you repost in the general Chrysler sailing discussion you will get a lot of help...welcome aboard.
Kper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

astrorad wrote:
Why not just copy and repost in general Chrysler sailing discussion...

I would have done just that but a couple years ago I unknowingly posted in the wrong area of a car forum and was promptly told so with no help to my question. So I reposted in the proper area only to be scolded again for "reposting" when it was the moderators job to move my post. I couldn't win for losing.

I reposted this in General Discussion. Thanks, Bill.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chrysler Sailors Forum Index -> General Starwind's Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: