New C22 owner

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
windnutlarry

New C22 owner

Post by windnutlarry »

Hi folks, I just pulled a 1976 C22 home to Green Bay, WI yesterday. Aside from missing the mast spreaders, it looks to be pretty complete and in good shape. It has been sitting for years, so the decks and rigging are beyond filthy. The rudder blade is in the cabin, so I hope all the pieces are there. I'll be doing a complete inventory in the next couple of days, so I'm sure to have some questions for the group. Only 6 months and 5 days until sailing season starts!! Larry
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Hey, welcome aboard ! Spreaders shouldn't be too big an issue, some of our C22 owners on the baord have replaced theirs too..
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Welcome aboard!

Glad to have ya here and shoot away with questions! There are a lot of folks and between us we've done just about everything to these boats!

FYI, as EE said, spreaders are and easy replacement. Originally they are simple alumium pipes. I swapped mine for some foil type. No reason other than they look cool! LOL! Well, OK, there is more room to mount lights and a flag halyard! At least that is what I told my bride!

Again Welcome!

Scott
windnutlarry

Post by windnutlarry »

Thanks, but I found the spreaders. They had been squirelled away under the V-berth. Still missing the pivot bolt for the rudder, but it looks like it's just a 1/2" SS about 4" long. What is a good product to clean dirt, mold, and tree sap off the translucent hatch panels? I also have a hole on the starboard side that I assume is for the sink drain. I'll be plugging that, and may chuck the whole sink/stove combo unless anyone wants it.
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Reminds me, if you didn't find it yet, there's an excellent high res manual if you go to the main page at
http://chryslersailors.com/

and drill down under documents. Probably the best manual we have as far as quality and details...

5/16" x 2 1/2" for that bolt it says..
Gus

Post by Gus »

Hi, welcome!

I'm in the process of cleaning my boat. I had good results with Walmart's regular cleaner with bleach (it comes in a sprayer bottle), a hard brush, and green pads (they are all in the same section).

Good luck!

Gus
1976 Chrysler 22 Halve Maen - Sail # 595
Kevin Dreher

Post by Kevin Dreher »

congrats on the new boat. my boat sat for almost eight years before i bought it. it was in rough shape when i started...but these old chryslers clean up nice. good luck, and the people on this site are a wealth of knowledge and very helpful.
get n lost
astrorad

Post by astrorad »

Just a note to everyone...Larry and I met out on I94 and HWY 50 in Kenosha county for coffee, on his way home with the boat. Larry is a good guy in my estimation and it looked to me like he has a good solid boat to spruce up.

Good luck to you Larry and thanks for the nice visit...hope we meet up out on Lake Michigan sometime.
Bill
dubbinchris

Post by dubbinchris »

From one new guy to another....welcome!
hp18carr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hp18carr »

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your C22. Come to think of it, it seems to be raining C22s of late... not that it's a bad thing. I know that E.E. is working on a C26 as am I but when was the last time you heard of a new member starting out with a C26? Not a big deal... just curious. Sorry that I lost my train of thought, this is a welcoming post. Again welcome Larry and may you have many a long hour of sailing fun on your new toy.

Terrence
Wilmington N.C.
Chrysler 26' 1980
Pandora (for now)
Coreth

Welcome Larry!

Post by Coreth »

I'm less than a year into The Coreth, a 1977 C22. Bought it already slipped at a quaint little marina here on the Puget Sound this past March. Spent many a hour initially getting her sea-worthy. Then, spent all summer learning how to sail. What a GREAT boat She is & I'm excited for you! Welcome, Brother :)
Best Wishes,

Corey
The Tigon - 1977 C22
Blog: SailingPugetSound.net
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Welcome Larry!

Post by Alanhod »

Welcome aboard ship mate! I see you already met one of the crew in person, excellent. That's the way to properly enjoy ones Chrysler.

Thanks
Alan
Coreth wrote:I'm less than a year into The Coreth, a 1977 C22. Bought it already slipped at a quaint little marina here on the Puget Sound this past March. Spent many a hour initially getting her sea-worthy. Then, spent all summer learning how to sail. What a GREAT boat She is & I'm excited for you! Welcome, Brother :)
My heart be still, "Puget Sound" another member of the Pacific Fleet right here in PUGET SOUND. Yea Baby, that's what I'm talking about. right up here in the Great Northwest. Hope we get to meet one day. This would make 5 of us here on the form in our little corner of the world.

Thanks
Alan
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
Capt. Bondo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Capt. Bondo »

Welcome aboard Larry!
Green Bay and Lake Winnebago are on my list of places I want to sail.
Let me know if your ever to the west side of Wisconsin.
H:)ppy Place
78 Chrysler 22

You can go to a Zen Master or you can go Sailing, either way you end up in about the same place..... a Happy Place