Chrysler Logo

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Ty
Site Admin
Site Admin

Chrysler Logo

Post by Ty »

What font and size letters are the chrysler logo on the side of a C-22? Mine are about gone and I would like to replace them with ones that look original.

Ty
C-22 Dreamer
windnutlarry

Post by windnutlarry »

My 1976 just says "chrysler" in light blue over a light blue boot stripe. No logo at all. I expect they may have used different variations over the years and possibly with different color combinations.
windnutlarry

Post by windnutlarry »

Oops. After re-reading your post, I think you were looking for the word "chrysler" after all, not the stylized "C" or "C22". If you want, I can take a couple of pics and measure it. Mine is the block letters, although the photo gallery has a pic of "Macdiver Straights" with a cursive logo. Most of the boats in the gallery don't have anything on the stern, but a lot of them have been refinished or maybe just buffed off over the years. Mine is a bit of a time capsule in that it was a 1-owner boat that had been stored for years.
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

From what I've seen and read it wasn't a font that's available now as much as it was a graphic design.
Also seems like there were several over the years.
You might contact Dave at http://www.hurrikain.com/
and see if he has any for the powerboats. Or as a last resort trace yours and have a sign shop cut them for you..
C22Bob
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by C22Bob »

On my '80 C22, the word Chrsyler is painted in a script font on the port and starboard side. I can send you a pic if you'd like to see it. It's faded but you can get an idea of how it looks.