C26 Roller trailer question

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
ronc98

C26 Roller trailer question

Post by ronc98 »

I have an ez loader trailer for my C26 and the previous owner has fabricated two 2x6 planks that the bottom of the boat rests on. The swing keel slides between these two planks. My question is do I really need to suport the bottom of the boat if the keel itself where all the weight is is not supported. These to planks makes it tough to get the boat lined up correctly when trailing the boat.

I have looked at many other boats and they do not support the bottom of the boat however on all of these other boats they do not have a 2000 lbs keel either.

Thanks

R
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Ron,
If you are talking about 2 boards that the very bottom of the boat's keel sits on - with a slot in between the two for the swing keel itself that is the way mine is set up.

I wanted the main weight of the boat resting on those two boards, with no weight on the swing keel or the bracket and pin. Also the slot might keep the swing keel from putting pressure on the sole of the cabin.

It was a pain to line the boat up, but I'm going to add vertical boards on either side of the keel pocket to self align.

You can get an idea if we are talking the same thing by going to my site at:

http://www.home.bellsouth.net/personalp ... P-sailtalk

then click on "Trailer Design" and look at the pic "Rear View".

Hope this helps