Trailer for my C-22

Need certain parts, sails, accessories? Put out a request to the Chrysler Sailing Communty!
Please be sure and include useful information like, location, how much you will pay, etc.

NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTISEMENTS OR BROKER ADS WITHOUT EXPLICIT PERMISSION FROM ADMIN.
Sam Scherer

Trailer for my C-22

Post by Sam Scherer »

I have just jumped into sailing by buying a '77 C22. The trailer is not original and barely made it from Florida to landlocked St.Louis where i live. I have been cleaning and polishing and getting ready to sail, but I think the first time I take this beauty off of this old trailer I am just going to sink it so it can become the fish hatchery it was destined to be. I am looking for a trailer for my C-22. Thanks
"All Glory Is Fleeting"
choyado

Post by choyado »

where do you live
Jeremiah
mjt

Trailer for C-22

Post by mjt »

I purchased a trailer for my C-22 last year made by Yachtclub. It has wobble wheel assemblies, 2 axles and pulse brakes. I don't have the paperwork in front of me at the moment, but I think it cost less than $2,700 from my dealer in Wisconsin. I believe the trailers are made in Iowa. It is pretty much a stock trailer, but I did order mine with longer (taller) brackets for holding the wobble wheel assemblies. This spring, I am also going to see if Yachtclub can send me a taller post for the winch to fasten to.
Trey

Post by Trey »

Based on your location, this company makes fairly affordable economy trailers. From what I understand, the steel used is painted, not galvanized.

http://home.att.net/~sail-trailers/

Hope this helps someone.