My first canvas project

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Gus

My first canvas project

Post by Gus »

I'm sooo happy! I just finished my first canvas project. Sewing its easy! I practiced a little bit last night, and today I took my tiller cover, I cutted the old stiches, I sew it back, and turned it over to show the good color. New tiller cover :)

Gus
1976 Chrysler 22 Halve Maen - Sail # 595
mga1951

Post by mga1951 »

Hi Gus,
Sounds like your project worked out fine. You had asked me awhile back about my sail number. Got the main out over the wknd. #970.
Had another setback yesterday. Was given a Chrysler 6hp outboard, not working. The repair shop said yesterday would be 4 -5 weeks before they can get it back. :( Want to get the C-22 in the water where she belongs.
Checking all my options right now to see what I shoud do. Trying to borrow or rent one from a friend.
Keep up the sailing pics. Love em!!!

Jeffrey
Gus

Post by Gus »

oh man! That sucks!! I remember last season, I had outboard problems. It took 6 weeks to get my motor back! And it wasen't cheap! (200 bucks) Engine problems its something you don't want. Things go down quick in a sailboat, you want your outboard to start at the first pull to get you out of trouble!

I just finished ordering the things I need to restich my mainsail, 30 bucks, not too bad, I though it was going to be more expensive.

I will be posting more pictures soon, we are having another trip next month. A group its sailing from Oriental to Ocracoke, and another group will sail from Pamlico river to Oriental. I'm debating where to launch my boat. I might go to Oriental, if the weather turns bad, I don't want to be in the middle of the sound.

Good luck with the motor!!

Gus
Gus

Post by Gus »

Jeffry: Here's a picture of the last trip I made. And don't worried, you'll be in the water soon. Look, I've got the boat in 05. I used it once. Then I hated the boat, I didn't wanted to even see it. Lots of problems with the boat, leaks, and my family didn't like the boat. Boat sat in my garage for a year, and I didn't even touched. Early this year, I decided that I was going to sell the boat, so I started working on it. Well, I took it for a sail test, and I LOVE IT. These things take time and patience :)

Gus