Selling my C22

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
astrorad

Selling my C22

Post by astrorad »

I have decided to sell my C22, Wabi Sabi. When I purchased the boat I was a bit younger and had grand visions. The long restoration project taught me a lot about sailboats and also about my self.
I am grateful to all on this forum who have helped me realize my dream of sailing this boat, but after this short season that I have had her on Lake Michigan, I came to the realization that she is more boat than I require.
So with a heavy heart, I have decided to put her up for sale and look into getting a West Wight Potter 15. If any of you know of someone looking for a completely rebuilt C22, then please send them my way.
Bill
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Sad to read but I completely understand your decision; after the recent knee surgery, and over a decade of aging after I first bounded forward solo on EE's foredeck, I have come to about the same point in sailing. Not even sure the ComPac 23 is do-able, but we are outfitting her with all the 'old guy' stuff, all lines aft to the cockpit, autotiller, netting forward, jacklines, roller furling, etc.

If you decide to list online I can recommend sailingtexas.com. Sure made my old Cal 21 disappear at my asking price a couple days after I listed it !
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Awe man Bill!

I'm sure thankful you've been here all these years and hope you will stay even with the new boat of choice and share your efforts on that one also!

When you sell the C22 someone will be getting a well appointed boat!

Scott
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

CaptainScott wrote:Awe man Bill!

When you sell the C22 someone will be getting a well appointed boat!

Scott
Ditto - probably get the best one that's out there
astrorad

Post by astrorad »

Thank you EE and Capt. Scott...I am going to list on sailingtexas. Some times your mind makes a promise that your body can't keep !!! I will keep reading the forum and chime in to help out any newcomers, but when I get another boat it isn't going to be one that requires a major overhaul.
Bill
Beady
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beady »

Sorry to see the boat go I enjoyed the updates from Kenosha.
Brian Eady
77 C-22
Sail La Vie
astrorad

Post by astrorad »

Thank you Brian.
Bill
C22Bob
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by C22Bob »

Hey Bill,

Hard to believe. You've put a ton of work into her. I'm sure the new owner will be getting a fantastic boat and will greatly benefit from all your hard work.
Your posts, instructional write-ups and videos have been an inspiration to us all, and will continue to live on thru this forum. I'm almost finished with my own 4 year project and look forward to fun times on the Great Lakes. We live in Knoxville, but travel to the UP every summer. I hope to be sailing on Lakes Michigan and Superior next summer.
Best of luck on your next boating adventure and do check in on us from time to time, as I know you will.

Bob
astrorad

Post by astrorad »

Thanx Bob...I will certainly keep checking in here and I am still a Chrysler sailor until I find a buyer for Wabi Sabi.
Bill
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

Sorry to here that Bill. Anyone who has taken on a large project will respect the work you put into that boat, I know I do. I have had to let go of things like that and it can be difficult. I have no idea what your personal situation and reasons are but I can't help but wonder if you have younger family who might enjoy taking her out with you and letting you enjoy a little more reward for your efforts while having a great experience themselves. It would be great to see you post a video of yourself at the tiller while your "crew" did the legwork and then a relaxing grill time at a marina.
Either way thank you for your contributions and I wish you the best.
Bobby
Here is a little painting I did at one of my favorite FL spots. St Augustine Bridge Of Lions.
[img][img]http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr12/InteriorArtworks/Paintings/DSC_0024%202copy_zps1of5djad.jpg[/img][/img]
astrorad

Post by astrorad »

Thanx Bobby...that is a beautiful painting...something that I would never be able to do. I am in no hurry to sell my boat and I even have my slip reserved for next season. I have placed an ad on Craigslist and also on the Potter Yachters web site. If the right person comes along with an offer that I can't refuse, then I will be letting her go. If not then she will sail another season on Lake Michigan. I know what my price point is and will not let her go for a song.
I am waiting until March to place an ad on Sailingtexas.
Bill
SailingNoob

Thank You Bill!

Post by SailingNoob »

It is most definately documented for a well appointed boat Bill!I definately want to thank you for all you have done for me and this group! Eventhough i'm a nnob and recent member I feel kinship in all i have watched and learned from you! My C22 refurb is going well and hope to have on water soon here in Az. I wish you well in trying to find a new captain for the boat! SailingNoob (Sailor Dan)
astrorad

Post by astrorad »

Thanx Dan
Bill
astrorad

Post by astrorad »

Just an update about this thread. I am still planning to sell Wabi Sabi , but I plan on putting her in the water sometime in April, weather permitting. I paid for my slip and I have a new hip, so sailing should be a little easier for this old man.
I have her priced at $6500 firm, feeling that I cannot let her go for any less after the years of work restoring and improving her. If any of you know someone looking for a sail away boat, send them my way.
I will try to take some videos this summer of Wabi Sabi sailing on Lake Michigan. Thanks to all.
Bill