Chrysler Sailors Forum Index Chrysler Sailors
Talk Chrysler Sailing, Sailing in general

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

When things go RIIIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chrysler Sailors Forum Index -> General Chrysler Sailing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:10 am    Post subject: When things go RIIIP Reply with quote

Well... I may be taking a short, unintentional hiatus from the Chrysler due to a ripped main. I was taking some people out from the club when the wind suddenly built to white-capping conditions on the lake. I decided to put in a reef since we had a ten year old on board. Shortly after reefing we were sailing along when all of a sudden..... riiiiiiip. The middle reef point had given way and know there was a triangular rip under it. I believe that the outhaul line may have come loose and caused it to load up. Live and learn I suppose.

So, out of three boats I only have one fully operational... hehe. I broke the boom on the sunfish rounding an downwind mark during a windy race at the end of the season during an epic capsize, so the hobie will have to fulfill my need for sail.

I have insurance with Progressive on the Chrysler. Do you guys know if insurance will replace this type of damage? I'm waiting to hear from a rep now, but I was curious if anyone had any experience with similar experiences.
Reality

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting question. Please post answer from insurance.
Dallasbob
C Shirt
C Shirt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a friend in Chicago who ripped the main on his Beneteau last year. I don't know the details, but his insurance company bought him a new sail. Never hurts to try.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chrysler Sailors Forum Index -> General Chrysler Sailing Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: