Chrysler Sailors Forum Index Chrysler Sailors
Talk Chrysler Sailing, Sailing in general

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

getting ready

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chrysler Sailors Forum Index -> General Chrysler Sailing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Number1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject: getting ready Reply with quote

I've been in Sequim, WA for a week now getting the boat ready for a first sail. The. po bought a replacement mast with rigging but never raised it. What a chore, all the shrouds were coiled in the lazaret and had to be sorted out, a trip to port townsend to replace two missing turnbuckles and starting the engine that hasn,t been started for 2 years,
I went to start the engine using the full tank of gas left on the boat, after all there was a partial can of sea foam so it should be good right ? Turns out the fuel tank sitting ready to be started was full of water . go figure.After cleaning the carb and replacing the gas engine purrrrs I made a roller to hold the mast on the back end of the boat so I could raise the mast by myself, worked perfect. I.ll post photos when I get time. I used the bridals I made from the specs in the document section and had dedicated mainsheet block and tackle purchased on ebay. tie down ratchet straps and the boom completed the rig and I was able to put the mast up single handed in a 15 knt cross wind with no trouble.more to come later. Smile
figure9

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on getting your boat ready. I put mine in the water for the first time since I finished getting er sea worthy this past June. You are going to love this boat. She points well and is rock solid. Good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chrysler Sailors Forum Index -> General Chrysler Sailing Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: