The Maiden Voyage

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
mga1951

The Maiden Voyage

Post by mga1951 »

Hi Guys, love all the posts, read them everyday. Wife and I met w/Ronc98 went out on his C-26 couple of weeks ago. He has a Great boat and a great help to me w/ our C-22. We got our C-22 #970 wet yesterday for the first time. No leaks and everything seems to working!! We had her leaning over and the keel cable humming!!! I don't think it gets much better!
We keep her on the trlr, so was quite a long day w/ stepping and unstepping the mast.
Does anyone have an idea to use as a ladder for the boat, other than a step ladder? I see the marine ladders out their, not sure if that is the best way to go.
Let me know if you have a better idea!
Gus, we plan on coming down to NC around the first wknd of Oct. cannot make the cruise wknd you were talking about. We will talk with you closer to the fall.
Jeffrey
Fore Sail
1976 C-22
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Have a look on our site at:

http://www.home.bellsouth.net/personalp ... P-sailtalk

under "trailer design" then "ladder pics"

It will fit under our boat on the trailer, and having the extra length and the platform at the top makes unboarding easy and steady. Cheap, too !
ronc98

Post by ronc98 »

I just use the boat winch section on my trailer to climb up onto the boat. You develop monkey like traits doing it this way. Once I am up I use a milkcrate tied to a rope where I can stick stuff in it and pull it up. I have a crappy ladder but it is a bit scary to climb.

I have learned that when I am working on my boat no matter what I have in my hand I always drop it. I have stopped working on it while I am out in the water. I have lost many many many things.

Congrates on your voyage. I was up at my boat last light installing my Roller furlor unit until 1am. To bad we have ZERO air today. I would love to be out on the lake.