Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
SN691
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SN691 »

Hi all
I love this site found it about a month ago while researching chrysler sailboats.
About two weeks my wife and I became proud owners of a 1979 26 foot chrysler sailboat.
We bought it from a dear friend who we have know for 35 years. She is in mint condition. Has not been in the water for about 13 years. He kept it covered and up on blocks. had to replaced the tires and put new batters in. Will replace the motor with a mercury 9.9 bigfoot prokicker. Can't wait to get her in the water sence it has been about 30 years sence we have been saling. 8) :lol:

Bob

-/)-
~~~~
Banshi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Banshi »

Welcome,

Mint condition.............well now, doesn't that just take all the fun out of it :wink:
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Welcome aboard ! Sounds like a great find you made, keep us up to date !

Beau
Gus

Post by Gus »

Indeed a great find! I'm looking for a 26 myself, but it has to be in pristine condition!
And welcome aboard! Looking forward for pictures and sailing stories :)

Gus
1976 Chrysler 22 Halve Maen - Sail # 595
SN691
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SN691 »

Banshi wrote:Welcome,

Mint condition.............well now, doesn't that just take all the fun out of it :wink:
Well I do have to replace the shroud couvers thay are all cracked
Leeway

Post by Leeway »

Boat looks real nice from what I can tell from the avatar. Nice to have a dual-axle trailer, too!
Last edited by Leeway on Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lee Hoeppner
Boat: C-15 Man-o-War
Name: Sea'chele
Year: Pre-1973
ronc98

Post by ronc98 »

is the the original trailer too? It looks just like the one that I have for my boat. Granted yours looks like it is in nicer shape. The color of mine is RUST

Love to see more pics of your boat.
SN691
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SN691 »

Yes it is the original trailer, and it has a few rust spots on it but other than that it is in good shape.
Will get out a take a few pictures of the inside today.

-/)-
~~~
Bhacurly
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bhacurly »

Welcome and I hate ya already!

Very nice find,, I am really envious but will gracefully hope ya enjoy being back on the water! We are already looking forward a couple years and a few feet to add comfort to guests coming aboard. Take care of that boat and if ya wanna sell later let me, not the group here, know :lol:

Billy
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

"if ya wanna sell later let me, not the group here, know"

Sorry Billy, you forgot to check the "I got dibs" box on your member profile, so that won't work...
:wink:

It is a nice 26, isn't it !

Beau
Archy

Post by Archy »

Hi Bob -

Welcome to the site! I'm a reasonably new member (and new c22 owner) and this place has been a great source of info and advice.

Are you in the water yet ?

Cheers and Happy Sailing

Archy
C22 Smiley :)
SN691
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SN691 »

Hi Archy

Not in the water yet. Wating on a new motor I order a new mercury 9.9 big foot prokicker.
The motor should be in next week sometime.
The old owner and I tryed to start the old eng but would not start could be the fuel pump sense it has not been started for about 13 years

Bob

-/)-
~~~
KGeist

Post by KGeist »

My wife and I are also new owners of a Chrysler 26. We bought it off of a couple located in Minnesota a few months ago. They had sailed it only in fresh water and kept it stored indoors. It seems to be its in pretty good shape too. The swing keel it certainly helps with trailering and launching. Good Luck with the new boat. Hope you are able to get it in the water and enjoy it soon.
ronc98

Post by ronc98 »

Welcome Kgeist. There are a few locals with C-22 and C-26 in the Columbus Area. I have a C-26 and sail at Alum Creek often. I am planning a Trip to Lake Erie Port Clinton area soon if you are interested.

Love to see some pictures of your boat.

R
keysskipper

Post by keysskipper »

Hi Yall, wow lots of new owners and members just like my wife and I who bought a 78 C-26 in the middle Keys hauled her and restored top side and installed the idasailor rudder, when we splashed we had 30 knot winds and 6-8 foot seas, we sailed her 30 miles to the Lower Keys, this is one well built boat, we have rewired her except for the mast, gotta go up,
now comes the outfitting for Bahamas trips and the whole salon area needs help, we need cushions etc. so please any feedback or leads would be great, A BIG THANKS to all the sailors who made and make this site possible, we are honored to be new members :roll:

PS planning on a 4 night trip to the Dry Tortugas this fall, come on down

Fair Winds, Keysskipper
Patrick

Post by Patrick »

Hi and welcome ,
congratulation for your boat , my wife and I are loocking to find a C26 to.Our C22 become a bit small