Updated Pics

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Updated Pics

Post by EmergencyExit »

Hello Everyone -
Posted a few updated interior pics under the Post Katrina Restoration section of our web site at:

http://www.home.bellsouth.net/personalp ... P-sailtalk

See the Cabin Refit, and Stern Berth pages for some before/afters

And the Cabin After page for some more current pics.

Since we have a clubhouse (www.pelyc.org) where we are going to berth for a while (as opposed to weekending on her at the property we decided not to buy in Bay St. Louis on the coast) we don't need the big galley idea any more and we now plan to use the stern berth as a bunk.

Slowly making progress
keysskipper

Post by keysskipper »

I see Emergency Exit had no original cushions, do you gave custom fitted cushions now? wish we had something close to the original layout, Ron C
is posting specs and pics soon I think. Your work looks great, are you installing a new freshwater tank? and if so will you put it back under the
aft berth? just bought a new flexible tank for that section and would like to
add another 35 gallons under the V berth, need to carry atleast 90 gallons
we think for 4-5 night, thought about adding a Todd tank and mounting it in the middle of the aft berth as we use the port side for storage, any
thoughts? Fair Winds and High Tides, Keysskipper 8)
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Thanks Keysskipper !

We do have plywood patterns for the v berth cushions, and can get them out next weekend from storage. We made those from the rotten pieces of foam we found on board <g>.

For the stern berth we are going to pattern our own based on some pics from ebay, etc. Banquette cushions should be easy to fashion.

When we do stage 2 of the fix-up, we will do the water tanks like you mentioned in the stern, also add a holding tank for the head, a freshwater tank and add the galley back like on our site's plans. At that point we will probably take her down to the coast as a weekender, but for now we are going to overnight at the club we joined. There are full facilities there, and no one ever does more than day sail there 99% of the time.

Can't wait to hear about your trip to Dry Tortugas, it is on my dream list of trips, number 1 on that list.
keysskipper

Post by keysskipper »

we bought cushions for V berth and salon, but would LOVE to have what
some of our fellow sailors have, however we have spent alot of money
on a old boat and she may want to sell her in the spring, I would rather
wait as am still trying to become a better sailor, hoping we all get thru
this storm season without the big blow, then we take off for the out islands. Still have to rewire the mast as my anchor light is not working,
otherwise all new wiring and lighting, also got the carry on A/C, found it only cooled well at night don't go plug it in and go below to work late in the day, can;t wait till sailing season. Fair Winds, Keysskipper 8)