Texas Marean @6

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Matthew Phillips

Texas Marean @6

Post by Matthew Phillips »

I recently bought a texas marean 26 sail boat.Was having trouble getting in fo on it until I was toled it is much like the Chrysler 26 .It has a fixed keel and the rudder look different from the pictures I have seen of the chrysler 26.the cabin lay out is different and it has a OMC 14 horsepower saildrive.Any in fo would be helpfull.
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Texas Marine International did produce boats from the Chrysler molds after Chrysler sell off.

Check this web site:

http://chryslersailing.lizards.net/

On the left click on "History", and scroll down to the "Chrysler Sell-Off" section for the details.

Beau
Windward

How about some interior & cockpit pics?

Post by Windward »

Yes, Texas Marine Internationla used the Chrysler 26 mold for the TMI 26. The boat should be similar to the 1979/1980 models with the conventional foredeck and anchor locker. I saw an interior layout sketch recently that coincided with some of my "dream C26" ideas:

1) galley goes starboard aft, includes icebox and folding counter extension
2) starboard quarter berth becomes a deep cockpit locker
3) port settee pulls out to double
4) hanging locker starboard across from head, closes fore and aft to give enough space for a shower
5) storage cubbies added behind & below cockpit ladder

The saildrive and built-in fuel tank should give you good weight distribution and lowered center of gravity, a lighter stern, some prop wash over the rudder to help the handling and an actual lazarette.
Matthew Phillips

Post by Matthew Phillips »

Thanks for the info guies.I am planning to sail down to st lucia some time next yeat .