Chrysler Sailors Forum Index Chrysler Sailors
Talk Chrysler Sailing, Sailing in general

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for a trailer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matthew Phillips

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Looking for a trailer Reply with quote

I am looking to rent a trailer to move a Cnrysler 26 from Michigan to Miami.
La Rosa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:50 pm    Post subject: Trailer Reply with quote

Hello,
I have an older tandem trailer that was under a Hughes 25' sailboat (5,000 lbs. cap.). This trailer is setup for transport and storage only. You can not launch a sail boat from it as currently configured. I currently have the brakes apart. The original brakes (surge) are shot. Since this trailer is not set up to launch a boat. I am looking at putting on electric brakes which are less expensive. The tralier has 13" wheels with new tires. It is currently set up for a sailboat 24 to 27foot in length wth a 4' draft. It takes a 2" ball. This trailer with the electic brakes on all four wheels is $1000. With a new surge system installed on all fouir wheels (5,500 lbs cap.) is $1450. That increase is just the cost of the parts for the brake system. Trailer sold as is but you can have it inspected
There is a wood cradle that is mounted to welded plates on the trailer.
You would have to reshape the pylwood stantions to fit your boat. Currently they fit the old Hughes. Contact me if interested. I can send a picture. Jim email jamesmcgee68@yahoo.com 269-697-0577
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chrysler Sailors Forum Index -> Wanted All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: