Snow Snow and more Snow

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
ronc98

Snow Snow and more Snow

Post by ronc98 »

6" of snow makes sailing on this end of the planet seem a bit distant. I envy all of those that still have sunny days.

3M 101 does not seem to flow well in this cold weather. It might be time to pack up and come south!
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Bring yourself on down to the land of "gypsy rains, danged hurricanes, white silver sandy shores" ! We'll make room for you. 45 degrees and sunny today here, was in the mid-80's last week

Beau
keysskipper

Post by keysskipper »

Well, it must reaally suck, cold front tonite, getting down to 64, will have to find my long pants and shoes, no shorts or sandals with a high of 70 on Monday, it has been like summer still running the AC, come on down to the Conch Republic we run on KW time here, water stiill around 80.
Warm Winds, Keysskipper
Gus

Post by Gus »

keysskipper wrote:Well, it must reaally suck, cold front tonite, getting down to 64, will have to find my long pants and shoes, no shorts or sandals with a high of 70 on Monday, it has been like summer still running the AC, come on down to the Conch Republic we run on KW time here, water stiill around 80.
Warm Winds, Keysskipper
God, I hate you :lol:

I love the keys, I used to go all the time when I was living in Miami (late 90's)

Gus
1976 Chrysler 22 Halve Maen - Sail # 595
keysskipper

Post by keysskipper »

anytime yall want to visit we manage vacation rentals, many on the ocean side of the islands with deep water access for you fixed keel sailors like us, lets get a group and cross the Gulf Stream or just a trip to the Tortugas, remember...come as you are Keysskipper 8)
ronc98

Post by ronc98 »

I love those temps. I am will be on my way soon. 80 degrees makes for good diving temps.

Vacation rentals with slips? I have to come down now. It would be great to get a group of us down there for some sailing. I have a bit more work but I plan on being finished in the next month.
keysskipper

Post by keysskipper »

let us know when you change lattitudes you can view any house online and you can launch at our friends marina Mile Marker 20 a nice sail into Key West or just tie up at Looe Key ( six miles offshore) and wake up and go diving on the best reef around, nicer than Pennekamp, in fact you have to go deep into the Caribbean to find a better reef. we need the visitors our economy has suffered since the canes of 05. Fairer Winds
Keysskipper 8)
ronc98

Post by ronc98 »

send me a link I am serious about coming down that way in jan thru march. Not sure if it will be with my boat but I need some island time. I carried over a month of vacation this year I hope to spend it on my boat someplace tropical.

ronc@columbus.rr.com
keysskipper

Post by keysskipper »

great! back in the mid seventies today, but feels like more if in th4e sun,
leave your boat at home and use our C=26 "Rag Time" I am to busy in season to use it, you are welcome to it. this old salt can't send a link, but go to www.actionkeysrealty.com or call 1-800=874-1323 or call me at 305-879-7917 (Larry) anytime, we have several homes still available for Jan-March, canal front, open water you have it, after you view the houses
call and I will give you the low down on each house you like, by the way tonites low, 67....burrrr chilly! just think open water sailing 90 miles from Cuba. Warm Winds, Keysskipper 8)
keysskipper

Post by keysskipper »

uughh, wow it worked, old dog learn new trick KS 8)
ronc98

Post by ronc98 »

I dont feel so bad about how cold it is now, Even you southern guys have a bit of snow these days!
Gus

Post by Gus »

cold and sunny in here (winter is finally here), but no snow in the forecast ....
1976 Chrysler 22 Halve Maen - Sail # 595
slane1124

Post by slane1124 »

in Atlanta we got all the way up to 39 yesterday, and are expecting 41 today!!
Robbie
'76 Chrysler 22
"Sea-Shell-E"
sail # 879
www.ndipolygraphservices.com
Banshi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Banshi »

Yet another victim of "global warming". :lol:

P.S. The Miami area has had record cold temperatures today................
keysskipper

Post by keysskipper »

broke a 109 year old record last nite here down to 45, never seen it that
cold, down to 58 tonite, burrrrrr, so much for the 78 degree sea surface temps. KS 8)
Banshi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Banshi »

Except for the first two years of my life and 6 months in 72'-73 I have lived in Florida from the Keys (64-66) to Miami (66), Fort Pierce(67-71), Sebastian (72-73),Melbourne (73-75)and then Jacksonville (76 to the present..., but I still love the cold windy wet weather the best

father was from Texas/Kansas and always got a kick when the cold weather came in and the natives went to ground :lol: It must be genetic :) He would always tell us how he could remember looking out in to the yard of their farm as a teen and seeing a big pile of animals , dogs, cats, and various other critters covered in snow trying to keep warm........and he'd wake up in the morning with a snow drift across the foot of his bed and rats snuggled up under the blanket around his feet trying to keep warm......."you kids got it to easy" he'd say :lol:
keysskipper

Post by keysskipper »

getting back to normal...time to go sailing, low seventies today, back to 80 this weekend, coast guard had to rescue a 39 ft sailboat in 15 foot seas and gale force winds 150 miles NW of KW its been nasty out there, all the cruisers are hunkered down waiting for the window to cross the stream, wish we could go, but season is here and we are waiting for more snow birds......had enough snow and ice yet RC? warms winds, KS 8)
ronc98

Post by ronc98 »

It is warming up here too. should hit 50 in the next day and maybe 60 on monday. I am trying to decide if I want to awlgrip my mast when the weather hits 60. If I had a way to get it to my storage area I would do it, but I would have to hand carry it about mile and that would be no fun.

Instead I am going to finish up the inside of my c-26 install the carpet, plumb the head and waste storage tank and then wire it. All I got to figure out is how to keep my beer cold.

I am on track to bringing her south around april. Get a dock ready! :)
ronc98

Post by ronc98 »

By the way Keyskipper where are those pictures of Ragtime you promised all of us?
ronc98

Post by ronc98 »

A few months ago I was complaining about 6" of snow. This past weekend we got 20"

Ya not much complaining this time!

At least the lake will have water in it when all this melts.