New Owner of a 22

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
txaggie78

New Owner of a 22

Post by txaggie78 »

I just purchased a '75 C22 in very good condition. Mostly needs cosmetic work. The trailer needs overhauling. My main question is about raising the mast. Can anyone give me the measurements for the raising bridles mentioned so often in the discussions. I think that is the only original piece of equipment she did not come with. I need a bit of instruction here. Also, what it the best paint for the bottom if I am going to dry sail?
If the hull has been painted, whicj I suspect it has, what is the best way to get the hull to a shine? Do I have to repaint or can the paint be buffed?I appreciate any help. Thanks,
Kevin Hamilton
Weatherford, TX
I just bought a '78 C-22...my first boat. I'm also a beginning sailor. I hope you experienced sailors are generous with help and advice.
phroxis

Bridles for my C22

Post by phroxis »

Mine are 24" long, 1/8" stainless steel cable with stainless thimbles. There is also a 5/8" diameter, 4" long stainless steel pin to use the boom as a jin pole for mast raising.
phroxis

Bottom paint

Post by phroxis »

I can't help you with bottom paint. I sail in a fresh water lake. The bottom of my boat is not painted, rather, I pressure wash and wax the gel coat periodically.