PICTURES!

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

PICTURES!

Post by CaptainScott »

I have a question for all of you!

I have a HUGE collection of photos that are all taken one one or another sailing trip.

I've taken a sampling of some and posted them on my site.

Is there interest in these? Do you think folks would really sit and enjoy them? Any input would help!

Thank!

Scott
http://www.captainscottsailing.com/gallery.php
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Great pics - I kept bouncing between the scenery, the Beaver on floats, the boats, the Beaver again, the sunset, the Beaver (noticing a trend yet ?)
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

LOL!
Yeah, I understand!!

When leaving Victoria BC Canada, we are in the same lanes as the float planes! Pretty cool to be motoing along with a float plane following you!
I have many different shots of the planes!

Scott
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Well, at the request of some other folks, I have added the Gallery to my main page. I have also changed the format since some folks indicated the number of photos was input overload! So now it is broken up by pages.
The pages can be dynamic as I add photos. I have many more but am trying to limit to my favorites but I have a huge fetish for sailing photos and it kind of ends up with a lot of photos.

I have also decreased the size and resolution of the photos to allow for better downloads on slower connections.

It seems to upload fast enough for me. Also my programming in PHP is coming along nicely.

Scott
lecker68

Post by lecker68 »

Nice photo's and I too like sailing pics. I played the slideshow and it should help with the cabin fever thank you
Catch the wind and ride the wave, Have fun
Lyle
1980 C-26 #1100
S/V My Getaway
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34432376@N06/
keysskipper

Post by keysskipper »

Wow, awesome gorgous pics, yes we love pics lots of pics we enjoyed viewing the gallery tonight very pretty area, funny thing though the news we saw tonight.......it looked kinda white. 8)
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Thanks guys! I literally have thousands of photos. I'm kind of a geek that way.

Yes it is snowing heavily here right now! Gotta love powdered snow in Seattle area! LOL! I'm showing the temps in the high teens right now too. Sheesh, we Seattlites are not used to this punishment! LOL!

When looking at the gallery pages, you can click each photo and get a better description of it. You can then step through the photos one at a time at your own speed or ckick the larger photo to right back to the gallery pages..

The slide show now has a delay of about 8 seconds per photo. I was asked to slow it down so folks could read the info! Let me know if it seems OK speed wise!

I very much appreciate the input!

Scott

PS: I'm currently thinking about copying down all the Chrysler data from the Chrysler Lizards Pages. I have read somewhere that the site is not really supported anymore. Anyone know if that is true? I don't want to be a second source of the same data but if it is not supported, I'd hate to see it go away.
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Windward is actually hosting a copy of the original pages on his site (which is the the lizards.net site) so it will likely be around a long while.

Good idea tho, in that if it hadn't been for Jeff stepping in awhile back, it might well have been lost after Rik Sneeuwjagt lost his C26 in a hurricane.

Enjoying your pics as well, Scott !
Windward

'Ere, 'e says 'e's not dead!

Post by Windward »

Reports of the Chrysler Sailing Association's content demise are greatly exaggerated...

When the original site went south, I tracked down Rik and eventually convinced him to let me have the content. I then spent some time fixing dead links and other funk to get it ported (couldn't do anything about the remote links that are dead, and need to wipe them). I already acquired the chryslersailing.com domain, which I mapped back to chryslersailing.lizards.net.

Between home, work and boat, not necessarily in that order, I've been too busy to do much with the site recently. I feel bad about that, although we all have to make our choices as to how we spend our time.

I own the various domains for quite a few years, and intend to continue to pay the nominal hosting costs. If for some reason I elect to discontinue that, I will be in touch with Beau and offer up the content.

Once Windward's back in, and I've gotten through some serious sanity reclamation (aka sailing that girl!) and implemented a key project at work, I'll ...
  • :arrow: Route the "exchange" want/sale ads to this site's wanted/for sale categories (if that's still OK with you, EE). Self-service is the way to go on that, and I'd rather use this active community as the focal point for that highly interactive stuff.
    :arrow: Add photo gallery tools to simplify pic posting
    :arrow: Install MediaWiki (probably) as a convenient organizer for tech stuff
    :arrow: Update said tech stuff
    :arrow: A general face-lift and reorg, starting with basic style sheets and dir struc cleanup
    :arrow: Convert the owner's list to XML and use XSL to present it. Much easier to maintain.
    :arrow: Begin scanning some new brochures and materials I've received. Spoiler: turns out that the TMI version of the C26 incorporated most all of the mods I wanted, including the post-1978 anchor locker, starboard quarter galley, a real cockpit locker to starboard, a full with head, and a pull-out double to port.
I need to update Windward's site, too

Based on available time, that will take me out of this decade, but you get the drift.
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Understandable ! I haven't updated EE's site in a long long time, but I have kept Pelican's site fairly up to date. (www.pelyc.org) probably only because someone reminds me to.
Although volunteering to handle that may have actually caused me a bit more work, if you check the 2009 Officers list.

Hey, Jeff, if I read the WLSC content right, there's a couple other C26's there? Rimshot and Shanty II ? Would love to see pics of those if they'd care to email them to me or you.
Windward

Post by Windward »

Actually three other C26s at our dock: Rimshot is a 1980(?), Shanty II is a 78 (Windward's sail number is 481, while hers is 480! Bizarre coincidence), plus another 1980 C26 (don't recall if it's even named... how embarrassing).

We have a couple of C22s as well.

Elsewhere on the lake, there are at least two other C26s. Who'da thunk it?
keysskipper

Post by keysskipper »

I think I echo everyone on this site when I say "Thanks Jeff" for what you do and spend to keep the site up, as a fairly new member I have grown to rely on it for help and inspiration for projects on Rag Time 8) KS
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

I echo the "thanks"!
I too have pulled a ton of data from the site!

Scott
slane1124

Post by slane1124 »

:D Thanks from Atlanta!!
Robbie
'76 Chrysler 22
"Sea-Shell-E"
sail # 879
www.ndipolygraphservices.com
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Actually we were in Destiny. My wife, my daughter, my mom and I. We crusie through a few times a year. Generally headed North to the San Jauns, Gulf Ilsands or maybe Victoria. We generally arrive an hour before slack and hang out so we can traverse in the small window of slack water. You are correct about your descriptions of the area!! My father in a 36' power boat was turned 90 degrees in one of those eddys. I guess it was a rather unpleasant experience! LOL!

We took my mom through one day to show her that done properly even a sailboat can pass through unscathed and in a rather anti climatictic fashion! She was pleased and even took the helm for a while!

We avoided eddys were we could and anticipated the spin for the ones we could not avoid. Then motored to Roche since there was no wind in Rosario Strait!

Scott
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

I'd love to see those photos! I can picture it! LOL! I'd probably drop a cookie or two myself!

As far as the pictures, get a free account at shutterfly or photobucket or such. Upload the photos there, then you can link to the photo from this site!

Works well. I used to do it all the time.
Now I host my own and just link to my site.

So where are you? You mentioned 30 miles North of Seattle. I'd love to meet another Chrysler owner one day and swap notes!

Scott
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Scott,

EE's first mate who grew up in that part of the world really enjoys the pics as well. When she saw the Deception Pass Bridge pics, she told she'd stood on that bridge and watched the rush several times.

Her Dad is USCG retired, and worked all that area, including a rescue of two in the pass area, until he was transferred down here.
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

EE:
That is actually pretty cool. One thing I could have easily done different many moons ago is joining the Coast Guard. Oh well, water under Deception Pass! LOL!

If your first mate would like to see any other photos that are boating and Everett north, I probably have them. just let me know and I'll post them!

Anytime you want to visit up North give us a shout! We'd love to swap stories and go sailing!

Scott