My Dilemna (or Dilemma)

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Lucky Jack

My Dilemna (or Dilemma)

Post by Lucky Jack »

I could have sworn the correct spelling of that word was with an "n" in it, but Google seems to say otherwise. Anyway, I have inherited a neglected C22 which has been sitting on wooden supports for 8 years or so. This boat does have sails and most other parts except tiller though as far as I can tell. There also happens to be another one in much better shape for sale close by for around $2500. Now, get both and use run down one for spare parts or just pick up the neglected orphan and recondition her? What would be the cheaper route over time? In the interest of full disclosure I should also mention I have a Victoria 18 sitting in my backyard so in theory I would have 3 sailboats which might be pushing things with 1st mate.
thepartydog

Post by thepartydog »

You are going to get he buy both answer from this crowd. That way there will be many conversations across the country telling the first mates "See it's normal to have 3 boats".
Darin
"Ya Never Know"
1980 C26
thepartydog

Post by thepartydog »

or you will get offers to buy the spare parts from you over time. Which might actually be profitable.
Darin
"Ya Never Know"
1980 C26
thepartydog

Post by thepartydog »

BTW, I'm not dissin this crowd, if you were looking at 26's, I'd be egging you on and making offers on the spare parts.
Darin
"Ya Never Know"
1980 C26
Mario G

Post by Mario G »

Hey jack mine sat for 15+ and looked a little crusty. I would say t clean the one up you have and a tiller is just alittle over a hundred or you can have one hand made like I did for my C-22. you might just have a diamond in the rough... do you have any pictures?
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Hey Lucky Jack,
Before you decide to spend a bundle of money,
check out my 1976 C22 and her condition that I started with.

If your inheritaded C22 has a solid hull and her major parts are there then you are gold. Fix her up and take your time. You will have a very nice boat for minimal $$ and the Board of Directors will approve. If you piss away a bunch of instant cash on new hulls the Board may revoke your purchasing power and none of the boats will see water again.

Just a thought.

Now as Devils advocate . . . . . .
You can NEVER have to many toys! Buy as many as reasonable and have at it! LOL! I have a 40'er, a 22'er, and an 8'er! Yeah, I want more but . . . how many is to much depends on your desire to stay hitched and your desire to properly finance them!LOL!

Scott