New C26 owner

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
dennis
Site Admin
Site Admin

New C26 owner

Post by dennis »

Hello to all,
My name is Dennis and my wife is Carol. I just purchased a C26 about a month ago and was surfing the net to learn more about the boat when I came across this great site. Thanks to Scott for helping me get on board (sorry), and to all who have shared info and stories. The information has been very helpful in teaching me about the boat, and the pictures are a big help too.

Thanks again,
Dennis
mcrandall
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mcrandall »

Welcome Dennis and Carol!!

Let us know where you live and sail and please send us some pictures!

Good to have you aboard!
Mark
http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 ... ew%20C-22/
1975 C-22 currently named Stardust (soon to be "Angela Marie")
hp18carr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hp18carr »

Dennis

You and your first mate are welcomed to this forum, always glad to see another C26 come along. Even as active as this forum is, I feel the Chrysler Sailboats are a bit of an anomaly in the boating world at large. There are a lot of good old boats out there, but using the C26 as an example you would be hard pressed to find another sailboat of the same size with as much overall interior space and trailerable to boot... yours is a swing keel right?

There is only one unspoken stipulation of being a member of this forum... post photos of your sailboat and any work you do on it as often as you can. True I can only speak for myself, but such photos never grow old in my book each are a transfusion of knowledge into the body of this forum as a whole.

Again welcome

Terrence
Wilmington N.C.
Chrysler 26' 1980
Pandora (for now)
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Dennis and Carol, welcome aboard..you are going to love that C26 !

Beau
dennis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dennis »

I sail out of Grosse ile, Mi. a small island at the mouth of Lake Erie, on the Detroit river. I have been without a boat for the last five years and then this C26 followed me home last month, it was to good of a deal to pass up. The first time I sailed her my brother and I went from my home in Grosse ile to South Bass Island (Put-in-Bay) Ohio, about 40 miles across the west end of Lake Erie. The further we went the worse the weather got, at the point of no return we were in 8 foot sea's and 30 to 40 knot winds. We sailed most of the way there on just the head sail, and that was furled in to about the size of a large bed sheet. I wanted to test the boat out, but not like that. We made the crossing in 7 hours, with no problems. To say I was impressed with how she handled is an understatement. I guess the only problem was my judgement, I should have turned back before the weather got that bad.

I'll get some photo's soon.

Dennis
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

Welcome aboard Ship Mates!

These Chrysler are some fine sailing craft indeed. Thanks for the story and I'm looking forward to those photo's.

Thanks
Alan
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
lecker68

Post by lecker68 »

Welcome aboard Dennis and carol I also have a C-26 a great boat and she is moored a half mile from where Allied boats had their yard.
Catch the wind and ride the wave, Have fun
Lyle
1980 C-26 #1100
S/V My Getaway
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34432376@N06/