Man-o-war On Ebay

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Man-o-war On Ebay

Post by EmergencyExit »

Lee/Joe

You guys must not be the only 2 Man-o-War's left :wink: , nice looking one on Ebay with some good pics

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0259847841
thepartydog

Post by thepartydog »

Just wondering if all the creative people had left chrysler boats by the time they built the 26. I mean come on...Buckaneers, Man-0-war, then C-26. Why did the little boats get all the cool names.

Darin
Darin
"Ya Never Know"
1980 C26
gizmoJoe

Post by gizmoJoe »

That boat on Ebay kind of puts mine to shame. I gotta get out the buffing compound. Lee, did you see the box around the daggerboard trunk? Might be something to think about. Joe
RedCanyon

C-26 Name

Post by RedCanyon »

Darin,

I dont' know where it comes from, but the sailing.lizards website photos section (http://chryslersailing.lizards.net/sail_photos.html)
refer to the C-26 as "C-26 Courser."

If this was ever a "semi-official" name, (does anyone know?) it would certainly be a cool one. Check out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Courser_%28horse%29

at least, I certainly like it. So that's my story and I'm stickin' with it.
Keith
S/V Red Canyon
1978 C-26 #793
Colorado Springs / Lake Mendota, WI
Leeway

Post by Leeway »

gizmoJoe wrote:That boat on Ebay kind of puts mine to shame. I gotta get out the buffing compound. Lee, did you see the box around the daggerboard trunk? Might be something to think about. Joe
I like the box for storage, but it doesn't look watertight. I also would not be able to transport the spars fully within the cockpit like I do now. What do you think those straps attached to the trunk are for?

I'm more interested in what he did with the sail. I wonder if Chrysler changed the design on the 74's or if that is a mod. I hate the fact that I can't reef the sail while underway with my sleeve type main.

Did you you also notice that he had to put a deck plate at the stern as well as patch over the bailer just like I had to do?
Lee Hoeppner
Boat: C-15 Man-o-War
Name: Sea'chele
Year: Pre-1973
SN691
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SN691 »

Darin

Your are right the name for the C-26 is COURSER. I have the original color brochure on the 1979 Chrysler cruising sailboats the C-26, C-22 and C-20. It states the C-26 is COURSER, the C-22 is Sandpiper, but dose not have a name for the C-20. The brochure has all specifications , standard and opional equipment for all three boats
Bob

1979 C-26

Easy Street

~~~_/)~~~
Leeway

Post by Leeway »

That is absolutely strange that Chrysler would give names to all their vessels but the C-20. It's like they considered it the red-headed stepchild of the fleet!
Lee Hoeppner
Boat: C-15 Man-o-War
Name: Sea'chele
Year: Pre-1973
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

I have heard the C-20 called the Osprey, and I seem to have seen that somewhere, possibly on Ebay ads ?
gizmoJoe

Post by gizmoJoe »

Lee,
It looks like he just flattened the mast sleeve and put grommets in it. Then he made some rope grommets(loops) like I did on my sail to hold it on the mast. Some look like larger plastic mast hoops.

Joe