New to site---Howdy fellow Swabbies!

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
me262

New to site---Howdy fellow Swabbies!

Post by me262 »

I bought a boat trailer that happened to have a boat on it. Its a Chrysler Buccaneer 18. Its missing a lot of hardware and the centerboard is there but rotted. I think I can still use it as a pattern, but I am not sure how it hooks up. There is a hole in one corner of the board so, does it have a pivot pin somewhere? One jib car is missing, one chainplate, the motor mount is gone, one rudder pintel is gone...but outside of that, I think it is all there.

Also, is the rubber on the bottom of the hull for the daggerboard housing necessary? Mine isn't in the best of shape. Sails are decent but badly stained.

Like i said, I bought it for the trailer (aluminum). The boat looks like a fun sailor though. I like the shallow draft. If it doesn't turn into a nightmare, I may go ahead with putting it back together.
Mario G

Post by Mario G »

Welcome abored matee I'm sure you will find the alumanum is worth much more as a trailer for the C-18 You will find alot of great people here more then willing to help you get it back on the water.
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Welcome aboard!
Glad to have ya hear!

Soon enough one of the Buccaneer owneres will pipe in and answer some of your questions!!!

Scott
clair hofmann

Post by clair hofmann »

I go to work on and sail a Buccaneer belonging to a former employer. Light boat lotsa sail= fast! Fun boat to sail,easy to trailer and set up. The parts you need should all be available from West or Defender.The centerboard does pivot but I don't remeber where. The rubber at the bottom of the board trunk is just there to keep the board from bumping side to side, Does your boat have the spinnaker launcher under the foredeck? I never figured out how to work that. We wound up replacing the dry rotted black acsess covers with screw in type.
Go for it. You'll have fun.
Clair