florida registration

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
blu by you

florida registration

Post by blu by you »

to get the one time reg fee (classic boat) in florida do you need a chrysler motor???
im a new chrysler c 22 owner (bought it the end of may )i will be sailing out of port ritchie fl
thepartydog

Post by thepartydog »

Motor? it's a sailboat, and as far as you know, it was originally sold without a motor, right?
Darin
"Ya Never Know"
1980 C26
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Wish we had that over here...I pay a full reg every few years..EE not only has the same "type" original power plant, she has the "original power plant"...that poor old Vector main...
blu by you

florida reg

Post by blu by you »

i think someone would notice the motor so jusr in case i have a friend who makes vinyl signs ........like magic suzuki will become a chrysler sailor
im a new chrysler c 22 owner (bought it the end of may )i will be sailing out of port ritchie fl
hotdot

Post by hotdot »

No it just has to be powered with the same type of motor i.e. outboard. My c-26 was going to be over $100 dollars per year for the registration, so I printed off the antique vessel application from on line and prepared for the worst at the license/tag office. After 30 minutes of trying to explain the form and smile nice, I now pay $12,50 per year. My walker bay dinghy cost more!
turbo1168
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by turbo1168 »

Assuming you purchased the boat here in Fl. and haven't titled it yet, the engine is tax exempt... As an example, if you paid $2000 for the rig, with an engine worth $800, then the tax should be assessed at the boats worth of $1200. Providing you have a bill of sale for the purchase, or can get one. Of course the engine in that case, really would be worth $1400!!! As for your original question, I'm not much help. I wish I had known about the classic registration when I purchased it, but will be finding out all the details in November when I renew.
blu by you

florida reg

Post by blu by you »

i bought it in may but had to coe north to see the kids , so i havent titled the boat or trailer. waiting on insurance for my place in pa (water damage) i hope to be on the water erin fl in oct. i sure am getting anxious. while i was in pa i made new cushions, got the outboard running, today i scored a free table for the boat mine was broken. turbo i hope to see ya on the water soon
turbo1168
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by turbo1168 »

Sounds good Blu, Maybe meet up at Anclote Island.
blu by you

Post by blu by you »

the website for old boat reg in florida is florida antique vessel reg. sounds lik a plan turbo
turbo1168
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by turbo1168 »

Hmmm, from the sounds of it, they do want the original type engine. Vinyl graphics, huh?

DEFINITIONS:
A. Original Type Power Plant Engine of same year and model that the
vessel had originally.
B. Non-Commercial Used only for recreational purposes.
C. 30 Years Old A vessel does not automatically meet the
definition of antique upon becoming 30
years old. The vessel must also have the
original type power plant and be used
only for non-commercial purposes.
blu by you

Post by blu by you »

i think that line 'ORIGINAL TYPE ' motor mat mean outboard ....i may call in the am and find out
thepartydog

Post by thepartydog »

Just read the brochure, and the motor was optional.
Darin
"Ya Never Know"
1980 C26
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Paul »

I'm with Darin. I think your original power plant is "sail".

Paul
Tranquil Chaos
hotdot

Post by hotdot »

Turbo1168 Don't wait until time to reregistar, it takes a couple of months for the government bureaucrats in Tallahassee to pull their heads out of the sand and complete the paperwork. I also wouldn't wait because Tallahassee is always looking for more revenue and they may eliminate the antique vessel option.
thepartydog

Post by thepartydog »

Mine was a case of I registered at antique rate, and the paperwork needs to be sent to Tallahassee before the end of the registration period. But, don't count on that, our tax collector's staff was super helpful. You know, more flies with honey, and all that.
Darin
"Ya Never Know"
1980 C26
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

EE's skipper needs an antique registration...he's getting to be one himself 8)